Client Advocate Job Description
The Client Advocate at Bridge of Hope-Richmond is responsible for the education, emotional support, and assistance of clients at the Center. This position is under the supervision of the Executive Director and Director of Client Services. Training is provided.
- Greet clients and complete intake forms relevant to client needs. Provide emotional support in a pleasant and non-judgmental tone. Maintain a pleasant and courteous voice with clients, offering assistance, especially to abortion-vulnerable clients.
- Be familiar with referral files and be able to efficiently give information to clients. Provide education and referrals related to adoption, post-abortion healing, social services, and other areas of need.
- Provide education and guidance in the areas of abstinence, secondary virginity, contraception, and STDs, as well as in the areas of fetal development and abortion.
- Pray with clients and discuss their spiritual relationships, encouraging them to seek an active relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Update Running Record Assessment Forms, intake sheets, and other forms in client files.
- Sort through material donations if available.
- Write thank you cards to donors and congratulations cards to new mothers and fathers.
- Assist with closing of office at end of day, including cleaning up, turning off lights, locking doors, and taking out all trash.
- Attend volunteer meetings, increasing knowledge of client support and services offered.
- Complete other relevant duties as assigned by staff and volunteers.
† Willingness to serve.
† Effective interpersonal communication skills, especially in oral communication.
† Effective listening skills.
† Completion of training in client support, which includes audio/video, instructional time with the Executive Director or Director of Client Services, and shadowing time with trained volunteers.