Client Advocate Job Description
The Client Advocate at Bridge of Hope-Richmond is responsible for the education, emotional support, and assistance of clients at the Center. This position is under the supervision of the Director of Client Services. Training is provided.
- Greet clients and complete intake forms relevant to client needs. Provide emotional support in a pleasant and non-judgmental tone. Maintain a pleasant and courteous voice with clients, offering assistance, especially to abortion-vulnerable clients.
- Be familiar with referral files and be able to efficiently give information to clients. Provide education and referrals related to adoption, post-abortion healing, social services, and other areas of need.
- Provide education and guidance in the areas of abstinence, secondary virginity, contraception, and STDs, as well as in the areas of fetal development and abortion.
- If allowed, pray with clients and discuss their spiritual relationships, encouraging them to seek an active relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Update assessment forms through client tracking software, Ekyros, intake sheets, and other forms in client files.
- Sort through material donations if available.
- Make donor deposits to bank
- Write thank you cards to donors and congratulations cards to new mothers and fathers.
- Assist with closing of office at end of day, including cleaning up, turning off lights, locking doors, and taking out all trash.
- Attend volunteer meetings, increasing knowledge of client support and services offered.
- Complete other relevant duties as assigned by staff and volunteers.
† Willingness to serve.
† Effective interpersonal communication skills, especially in oral communication.
† Effective listening skills.
† Completion of training in client support, which includes audio/video, instructional time with the Executive Director or Director of Client Services, and shadowing time with trained volunteers. Some travel will be involved for training.